May 1, 2011

Blessed Samhain / Beltane

Tonight in the South we celebrate Samhain.. end of summer, The wheel has turned and we enter and welcome the dark time of year, the nights are longer and colder, the Crone, Grandmother, Queen of Winter roams the land.. bare trees rest, roots deep within the earth, waiting for suns return in spring. Samhain night,  the night when the veil between the worlds are thin.. a night when we honour our ancestors, those who have gone before, tonight they hear us call. Tonight I welcome and embrace The Crone, within whose company I find comfort,  in the cool, reflective darkness you bring, may I learn as I reflect on the past year and the year to come.
"As evening gathers Her darkness tonight, samhain's mystery is revealed... Bless the ancestors...bless those to come... The veils between the worlds will thin... Let them in. Let them in..." Lucy Cavendish


And for my friends in the North, who are enjoying the fertile energies of Beltane, may your Bel fires burn brightly and may you be blessed with prosperity and love.

1 OF YOU SAID:

Mother Moon said...

A Belssed Samhain to you as well. May your new year be a rich and fruitful one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.