Oct 4, 2008

Totally Toxic

Many years ago, I knew a woman who quoted "Beauty knows no pain" and in my youth and not so youthful days, I tended to agree with this statement.. Then I learnt that with all the alternatives on the market today, we can do all those frilly bits without killing ourselves slowly in the process. My biggest vice was for beautiful nails. For the longest time I wore acrylic nails, long and painted, but then one day it was like, I wonder what I am in fact absorbing and ingesting in the process of having these plastic fantastics.. I had no idea, so I removed them and waited for my nails to grow on there own. It has taken a long time for them to even out all the dents, to stop peeling and breaking. Today they are healthier than they have been for years.. while they never got infected and that is more good luck than good management, they are still fighting the effects of years of chemical abuse. Where am I going with this?
Well the other night on TV there was a current affairs programme advertised about these artificial nails and of course it perked my interest, but through one thing and another I missed it, today my daughter, bless her, found it and I have posted it here.. it is worth watching, especially if you are a nail fanatic like I was, after seeing this, I have no doubt in my mind I made a good call in my choice to go back to my natural nails.

0 OF YOU SAID:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.