Sep 30, 2008

Just spray and hose!

Today I have felt like I have wasted a lot of time.. I woke this morning with the best of intentions.. scrub the newly acquired but more than a little grimy barbecue, mow the lawn and sort out the accumulated *stuff* that had collected in the lounge buffet.. but with one thing and another, more the other than anything.. 1pm came around and I thought it might be a good time to at least complete one *must do* task I had set myself.. silly me picked the barbecue - I had to relent and invest in a not so organic cleaner.. perhaps the penance for this, was my fool hardly belief in the label.. spray on a warm surface, leave for 15 to 30 minutes then hose.. uh huh.. hose with what? a Karcher or the local fire brigades hire pressure fire hoses? because two pairs of protective gloves, one container of Baking soda, one metal scrapper, a jumbo scrubbing brush, a wire wool ball, 4 scoops of laundry powder, several buckets of boiling water and 3 hours later, with penance duly paid, it now resembles something I would possibly think about cooking on! Tomorrow the lawn.. although with all the spring growth, I wonder where I can get a combine harvester from.
Blessings

1 OF YOU SAID:

Livia Indica said...

We don't ever clean our barbecue. We just burn off the crud, give it a good scrape and it seems to work fine and everything grilled on it tastes good. Maybe you could try that next time instead of going through an ordeal again. I don't know if it will work for all types of barbecues but it might be worth a shot.

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.