Oct 31, 2010

Beltane Blessings

While the North celebrate Samhain or Halloween those of us down here in the Southern half we welcome the union between the Goddess and the God, The Festival Of the Great Rite, it is popular time to be hand fasted as well. Beltaine is the time of new life. It is a time when baby animals are born. New plants grow shoots. Flowers bloom. Trees rebirth their leaves. It is a time when all things male and female unite to become one.
 As this is a fertility ritual, in days of old it was often said children conceived during this time where not illegitimate but children of the god -
So to my Northern sisters and brothers Samhain Blessings to you and yours, may your hearth fires burn brightly during the dark months, and to my sisters and brothers here in the South I wish you and yours abundance and health.

0 OF YOU SAID:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.